Amazing EggnogTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Homemade eggnog with an adult version option.
Prep Time: 30 min(s)
Cook Time: 15 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Posted By: PlantingSeeds
Posted On: Sep 20, 2021
Number of Servings:
- 4 cups - milk
- 10 whole - cloves
- 2 teaspoons - ground cinnamon
- 12 - egg yolks
- 1 cups - sugar for sweeter taste, add another 1/2 cup
- 4 cups - light cream (half-and-half)
- 3 teaspoons - vanilla
- 1 teaspoons - ground nutmeg
- 1/2 liters - spiced rum (optional - for adults) to taste
Combine milk, cloves and cinnamon in large pot. Heat over lower setting and bring to boil, stirring.
In a large bowl combine egg yolks and sugar. Whisk together until fluffy.
Whisk hot milk mixture slowly into the egg mixture. Strain through sieve pouring back into pot. Heat until slightly thickens.
Let cool. Then stir in cream, 3 tsp vanilla, nutmeg and rum (optional).
Refrigerate before serving.