Alex's Christmas Morning "Sausage Thingys"Tell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Cocktail rye bread topped with sausage and cheese.
Prep Time: 30 min(s)
Cook Time: 30 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Posted By: MHacademicteam
Posted On: Dec 15, 2020
Number of Servings:
- 1 pounds - Jimmy Dean regular sausage roll
- 1 pounds - Jimmy Dean hot sausage roll
- 2 pounds - Velveeta
- 1 loaves - cocktail rye bread (or any cocktail bread, if you can't find rye)
1. In an extra-large skillet, brown and drain sausage.
2. Cube Velveeta and place in the skillet. Place browned sausage on top of cheese. Melt the cheese on low, stirring to incorporate the sausage.
3. Once cheese is melted and sausage is incorporated, spread onto cocktail rye bread.
4. At this point, I like to flash freeze these for about 30 minutes and transfer to freezer bags. Then just take them out as needed and bake for about 10 minutes at 350 degrees until sausage and cheese mixture is warmed and browned.