Aldo's House VinaigretteTell a Friend
Rate this recipe:
Rating : 0
Excellent vinaigrette from a wonderful San Antonio Italian restaurant.
Category: Salad dressing
Prep Time: 0 min(s)
Cook Time: 0 min(s)
Recipe Type: Public
Posted By: mamakjking
Posted On: Jan 03, 2013
Number of Servings:
- 2 tablespoons - Salt (or to taste) May want to start w/ 1 T
- 1/2 tablespoons - Pepper
- 1 tablespoons - Sugar
- 1 whole - Medium white onion Finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons - Green onion Chopped
- 2 tablespoons - Parsley (Flat leaf Italian is preferred) Chopped
- 3 ounces - Pimento (Bottled is fine) Diced
- 1 - Egg white (see note below)
- 2 tablespoons - Lemon juice
- 1/4 cups - White wine vinegar
- 2 cups - plus 2 T Olive oil
1. In a large bowl, mix salt, pepper and sugar. Add white onion, green onion, parsley and pimento; stir to mix.
2. In a separate small bowl, whip egg white until frothy and light. Add egg white, lemon juice and vinegar to bowl and mix to combine.
3. Add olive oil slowly, drop by drop, then in a slow stream, whisking constantly, until mixture is emulsified.
NOTE: Raw eggs can contain salmonella bacteria, which can cause serious illness in people w/ compromised immune systems, the young, the elderly, pregnan women and those w/ chronic illnesses. If the uncooked egg white is worrisome, omit it.