We wanted to share 5 everyday household uses for vinegar, since it is one of the most versatile liquids around. Apple Cider Vinegar has incredible health properties when consumed, but is also a great all-natural alternative for everyday cleaning around the house. While the smell is strong, it completely goes away when it dries. So, try using it for one of these tasks.
1. Neutralize hard-to-get-rid-of Odors in Laundry – Add a tablespoon of white distilled vinegar to the fabric softener of your washing machine to neutralize bad odors that tend to stick around even after washing.
2. Clean your Washer – Every couple of months, run an empty washer load with 1 cup of vinegar to keep it clean and working well.
3. Bathroom Cleaner – Combine equal parts of white distilled vinegar and water in a spray bottle; this mixture is ideal for hard-to-remove grime in the bathroom or shower.
4. Hair Conditioner – A tablespoon of vinegar can be used as a replacement for hair conditioner.
5. Clean a Clogged Drain – Pour boiling white distilled vinegar down a clogged drain to remove the obstruction.
We hope these ideas help you out with common household tasks. Please leave us a comment below if you have other ideas or have used these and want to share.
Remember you can set up your free account with Dish Dish (we never share your information) and save your favorite recipes in your own online cookbook, ready to edit, create shopping lists and menus, and share with family and friends around the world.
Thank you to Health for a Purpose for these vinegar ideas.