Rate this recipe:
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 55 min
Number of Servings: 16
Apple cake topped with caramel glaze and pecan halves.
Number of Servings:Only quantities of ingredients are changed; recipe Directions below will not reflect those changes.
1. Do not preheat oven. Grease a 13-x-9-x-2-inch pan; set aside.
2. In a large bowl, beat sugar, eggs, and oil at medium speed with an electric mixer until smooth.
3. In a separate bowl, sift together flour, salt and soda. Stir flour mixture into egg mixture by hand until thoroughly combined.
4. Add apples and nuts. Gently stir until distributed through batter. Spread batter in prepared pan. Place pan in cold oven. Bake at 325° F for 50 to 55 minutes. Let cool in pan.
5. Pour warm Caramel Topping over cake in pan; to serve, cut into squares. If desired, garnish individual servings with pecan halves.
In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, combine all ingredients and bring to a boil. Cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Stir in vanilla.