Rate this recipe:
Prep Time: 30 min
Cook Time: 20 min
Number of Servings: 10
Pumpkin cookies with a cream filling.
Number of Servings:Only quantities of ingredients are changed; recipe Directions below will not reflect those changes.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Using a whisk, combine all cake ingredients, excluding the last two ingredients (flour and 5 teaspoons coconut sugar) in a bowl.
3. Add the whole wheat flour, and combine with a spatula. Do not over mix.
4. Spray 2 sheet pans with baking spray, and form 20 cakes using about 2 tablespoons of batter each. Shape into flatter circles using the back of a spoon or a spatula.
5. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and sprinkle each cake with a small amount of coconut sugar (not shown in the pictures). Place back in oven and bake for an
additional 8-10 minutes. Place on a wire rack to cool.
6. While your cakes bake, work on your filling. In a blender, blend your cottage cheese until smooth, about 10 seconds. Depending on the thickness of your cottage cheese, you many need to scrape down the sides and blend twice.
7. Add remaining ingredients to smooth cottage cheese and mix well. Place in the refrigerator to firm up.
8. Once your cakes have cooled completely, you can assemble your pies. Spoon a heaping tablespoon of filling onto 10 of the cakes. Make the pies complete by topping with another cake, and gently pressing down.