Rate this recipe:
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 50 min
Number of Servings: 10
Chocolate bundt cake topped with a sweet Kahlua glaze. This cake is wickedly rich and fudgey; serve with a tall glass of milk or hot coffee.
Number of Servings:Only quantities of ingredients are changed; recipe Directions below will not reflect those changes.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Spray a bundt pan with baking spray - or grease and coat with cocoa powder to prevent sticking.
3. In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, sour cream, eggs, vegetable oil and Kahlua. Mix well.
4. Using a spatula or wooden spoon, fold in the chocolate chips.
5. Pour the batter into prepared bundt pan.
6. Bake for roughly 1 hour (when I checked my cake at 50 minutes, it was done).
7. Cool in the bundt pan for about 10 minutes; turn the cake out onto a wire cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
8. Once the cake is completely cooled, start the glaze.
9. Combine the Kahlua and powdered sugar and whisk until smooth (more powdered sugar will give you a thicker consistency). A hint of cinnamon will add an additional depth to the cake, if desired.
10. Pour the glaze over the cake and enjoy.