Rate this recipe:
Prep Time: 30 min
Cook Time: 25 min
Number of Servings: 8
Carrot cake with pineapple, almonds, and pine nuts with cream cheese frosting.
Number of Servings:Only quantities of ingredients are changed; recipe Directions below will not reflect those changes.
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F. In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, almonds and pine nuts and mix very well.
2. In another large bowl, combine the olive oil, sugar, butter, brown sugar, eggs, molasses, maple syrup, pineapple, and carrots; mix well. Add them to the dry mixture; mix very well.
3. Generously butter three 9-inch round cake pans and dust with flour. Divide the cake batter evenly into the cake pans. Use a measuring cup for accuracy.
4. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
1. With an electric mixer, mix the cream cheese, butter, and powdered sugar until fluffy, but stiff. Add half-and-half as needed to thin to desired consistency.
2. Use the frosting to fill and frost the baked layers.